“My Colton” is how Jackson refers to his little brother. The bond between them is already evident. From the beginning Jackson seemed to immediately take on the responsibility of protecting Colton. The first time I noticed Jackson’s need to watch after Colton was about a year ago, when Colton was only a couple of months old and Jackson had just turned three. We met another mother and her twin boys for lunch at a local fast food restaurant. After getting her boys to the table with their food, the other mother kindly offered to help me by taking Colton to the table so I could get our food ordered. Jackson saw the mother take Colton away and he immediately became anxious, asking “Where is Colton?” and “Why did she take him?” I responded to all of his questions, but none of my answers seemed to calm his anxiety. When we arrived to the table, the mother went to hand Colton to me and Jackson jumped between us, pointed his small finger in her face, as he yelled, “THAT IS NOT YOUR BABY!!” I was shocked and horrified that Jackson would speak that way to an adult, however, at the same time, I was proud that he stood up for his little brother. This was not the last time Jackson became angry at someone for getting to close to Colton. He protects him daily!This strong bond seems to be growing with each new day. The boys can not eat a meal without making each other laugh so hard that food oozes from their mouths, often ending up on the their cloths, the floor or both. I often find them playing together in Colton’s crib, in Jackson room, under the dining room table, on the couch, etc… They are true buddies and they make me proud!

Matt,
ReplyDeleteI understand that they had another bonding moment in the tub the other day. Are you sorry you missed that one?
How about those Steelers? What a comeback against "Americas Team". They need Jerome back though to get those TD's inside the 5.
Go Buckeyes, beat Texas.